CYCLING DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION INC
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Cycling Development Foundation Inc (CDF) is a not for profit incorporated Association created for promoting, supporting and providing for the development and increased participation rates of junior, female and male cyclists.
The Foundation treats all its funded cyclists with respect for the pursuit of their cycling journey, whether recreational or racing on the national or international stage.
The Cycling Development Foundation exists to raise capital and funding to provide support and resources for growing the base of cycling, particularly the development of the junior and women’s fields.
The CDF facilitates this via partnerships with various socially conscious corporations to deliver tangible benefits to their employees, associates and communities beyond sporting outcomes alone.
The Foundation’s general public fundraising will be conducted through the Australian Sports Commission’s fundraising arm, the Australian Sports Foundation. Businesses looking to achieve their own Corporate Social Responsibility KPIs by supporting the Foundation’s objectives should contact CDF directly for a customised agreement to achieve your KPIs.
WHERE DOES THE CDF FIT IN?
Regulation of Cycling – AusCycling is the sport’s regulator – creating and enforcing rules around road and track competitions and anti-doping, selecting State teams, running State Championships and sanctioning and monitoring certain key cycling events.
Advocacy and Government Liaison – WestCycle is the peak industry body for representation to Government, creates a Statewide Framework and Facilities Plan and conducts Skills and Training Courses for aspiring coaches.
GOVERNING BODY – AUSCYCLING
– Regulates road and track racing
– Sets rules for racing and anti-doping
– Sanctions key racing events
INDUSTRY ADVOCACY – WESTCYCLE
– Peak body for Cycling
– Industry Representative to Government
– Statewide Framework & Facilities Plan
– Mountain Bike Strategy
– Skills/coaching courses
DELIVERY PATHWAYS – CYCLING DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
– Growing Junior and Female participation
– In-school training days
– Charity and Corporate Ride Events
– Development Programmes for all cycling disciplines
– Support key WAIS cyclists
– Develop and run cycling race teams
- Develop programs and provide multiple pathways to increase cycling opportunities and participation rates for junior, female and male cyclists, including racing;
- Work with prominent official sporting associations to identify elite junior, female and male cycling athletes;
- Support cycling development at an introductory and local level;
- Encourage a corporate cycling focus so that foundation members and benefactors can be involved in cycling as a sport and form of exercise;
- Foster a network from the corporate and sporting communities in WA for mutual benefit.
CDF Newsletter Sign-up*
*your email will only be used for newsletter purposes
The CDF will work with cycling representative and governing bodies to pursue common objectives and highlight the significance of development and racing pathways.
Funds raised are utilised to: conduct women’s specific events and in-school programmes, specific purpose ride days, corporate ride days, contribute toward the travel costs of agreed women and junior WA athletes’ attendance at cycling competitions and purchase cycling services and equipment.
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE AND MEMBERS
The CDF is privileged to be able to draw on the expertise of leading Perth professionals, from the business advisory, urban planning, medical, engineering and public relations fields – all of whom are all passionate cyclists.